The Vicarage used by St Mary's in 1898. The first occupant was the Rev J Steel The Gosforth Street section of Sunderland Rd in Felling ealy 1900s A part of Heworth Village in 1908 but what were they celebrating with the Flags out?
           
A nice tinted postcard of Heworth School & the Tram Terminus outside the 'Swan Inn' early 1900s Heworth School in the early 1900s with the landmark of St Mary's in the background. Another tinted postcard of St Mary's at Heworth early 1900s
           
This house photoraphed possibly pre war is now St Mary's Vicarage. The previous owners on the photo are Mr & Mrs H Ward St Mary's Church before the 'Lych Gate' was installed in memory of King George V in early 1930s. Heworth Hall in 1912 with the lady of the house in her garden along with four Scots Terriers.
           
Heworth Hall probably a bit later than the previous photo An 1890s view from Heworth Quarries showing the long gone watermill , the 'Swan Inn' & St Mary's A later view of Heworth with a small part of the derelict watermill that can just be seen among the bushes