Felling lady & ex pat Lydia Arnott compiled her memories of how Felling High St was when it was the main shopping area. This section has Sunderland Rd at the bottom. Lydia's memory of how she remembered the top half of Felling High St up as far as Coldwell St This we think is Felling Shore in 1880. A clue may be in the business name on the roof of the building.
           
The Follonsby Pit banner. Follonsby was where Wardley & Usworth coal was drawn to the surface. Bill Braban's retirement 'Do' upstairs in the Swan at Heworth 1989. Peacock's Shop on Nursery Lane, Windy Nook. This property was converted into a house a few years ago
           
A Sketch of J&D Morris's little shipyard at Bill Quay's Pelaw Main Staiths. A nice little insight into how life was for the Johnstone family of Felling in the 1800s onwards. The 'Maiden Over' Public House on Heworth Lane
           
The Reverend Adamson Vicar of St Alban's in Windy Nook 1842-98 A tinted photo of Springwell Weslyan Methodist Chapel in 1901 & thanks to Richard Jennings at the Bede Methodist Circuit Archives Thanks again to Richard Jennings at the Bede Methodist Circuit Archives for this image of Wrekenton Methodist Chapel in 1903.